In the past, dental cavities were filled with a mixture of metal alloys, also known as amalgam. Tooth-colored or composite fillings are a mixture of resin, glass or quartz and porcelain ceramics. These materials are very resilient and long lasting. Tooth-Colored fillings are colored to match the patient’s teeth and are practically invisible to the untrained eye. For aesthetic and/or medical purposes, these tooth-colored fillings can be used to replace old and worn dental amalgam, gold or other metal fillings.
Benefits Of Composite Fillings
Tooth-Colored Fillings have many advantages over amalgam fillings including:
- More Pleasing look
- Less removal of the tooth’s structure
- It is kinder to soft tissue
- The filling actually bonds to the tooth giving more support
The Dental Filling Procedure
During the filling procedure, the tooth is first prepared by removing the damage or decay from the area with a laser or dental hand piece. The surface of the tooth is then cleaned and prepared for the filling. The composite resin is placed in the targeted area, where it will be finished and polished to match the appearance of the natural teeth. The Dental filling procedure is placed during a single visit to our dental office.
Tooth-Colored Filling Before And After Photos
Can Tooth Fillings Be Combined With Other Dental Procedures?
Is The Dental Filling Procedure Painful?
The procedure is performed using a numbing agent. After the procedure when the numbing agent wears off you may feel minor discomfort. Some people have sensitivity in their teeth after a filling but, this can be relieved by pain relievers such as Tylenol.
- “This office is one of a kind. Their approach to patient care and personalized attention is commendable. The staff truly care about patient experience and I have grown fond of them. Dr Oshetski’s skill and expertise is second to none. I am fortunate to have found this office and highly recommend them” – Y.J.
- “The entire staff takes pride in what they do as evidenced by their sincere interactions and drive to keep learning the newest techniques. I am extremely impressed with Dr. Oshetski’s credentials, his gentle patient care and his ability to put me at ease.” – D.K.
- “There are not enough kind words to describe how incredible this dental office really is! The staff is so warm and welcoming, and it is obvious that they truly care about their patients. I could not ask for a better experience!” – B.R.
Contact Us Today
If you are experiencing tooth pain from a decayed tooth, call our Brunswick Office Phone Number with questions or to make an appointment.